PENGUINS OR DOLPHINS???



Alongside the national highway of Iligan City is a display of cute penguin balloons. The exhibit created a buzz among passersby, wondering what those stuffs are. Are they really for sale or are they just simply a mere presentation of cute penguins… Hmmm…

For four days in a row, I always pass by the area going from Tibanga to the city and vice versa. With no exaggeration, it’s really attention catching. I kept on guessing if those are for sale or just a display. On my third day, I was seated near the driver of the jeepney and while I kept staring at the display, he shared that those are for sale, Php 65.00 for the small ones and Php 180.00 for the big ones. I then thought of a plan to buy one as a souvenir and to satisfy my curiosity about it.
September 28 came and the city organized PARADA sa ILIGAN, a civic parade participated by government entities, private sectors and other civic organizations. That very long parade has caused traffic that jeepney drivers decided to take a detour, leaving passengers before the Gaisano Mall. I managed to take a walk and voila!!! I stayed there for a couple of minutes and talked with the salesmen. I was really excited then to buy one and I handed over a hundred peso. Hmmm, there was an instant promo wherein I could have two stuffs for only Php 100.00. With no further questions, I took it, happily bringing two cute stuffs that could make me smile everytime I see it. Hmmm… Longing satisfied… J

Take a look at this photo:
 Are these penguins or dolphins?

If you think these are penguins, we are on the same boat and if you find it as dolphins, you are a keen observer :D Congratulations!!!

It makes me laugh that most of the people I asked what those stuffs are, they would say those are penguins. Later did they realize that those are really dolphins. Yes, no kidding… Just take a look at its fin :D  and of course, the name indicated in the balloon. :D
If you thought its penguins, don’t worry, because at one glance, they really look as one. Blame it to the producer for making it look as penguins, or thank them because they make the stuffs more cute and attractive J Whatever that is, they really make people smile and appreciate it for its unique beauty J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TINTA ARTISTS OF ILIGAN presents Art Exhibit

ILIGAN CITY – HOME OF TITA FANNIES LIEMPO AND CHICKEN HAUS

MARIA CRISTINA FALLS | ILIGAN | THE CITY OF WATERFALLS